Saturday, October 25, 2014

Christmas Card

Hello Happy Friday evening I made this card tonight, I was in the study/craft room with Greg this evening whilst he was working on our house design I made a Christmas card using a new Embossing folder I got recently. I got a Sizzix Embossing folder Set it came with a cute snowman Embossing folder, 3 tiny embossing folders and a small Christmas tree die (not the tree I used on this card though). I was struggling with how to use my embossing folder as it's such a cute design that I didn't want to cover it up too much so my lovely husband threw around some ideas with me and we both came up with this. I then used a stripey paper on top of the card and a green layer, then I embossed with the folder onto some silver cardstock I love how the snowmen look on the silver. I then cut a tree on my Cricut Explore it's from the Holiday Cakes cartridge. The banner is from Artiste and I used my American Crafts Slick Writer red pen (which can be used in the Cricut to write) to write my greeting. I put this on 3D dots and I decorated my tree using a hole punch to cut out circles out of scrap and a mini star hole punch for the star.

4 comments:

  1. The embossed back ground looks great, I agree that a simple picture looks best as you do not want to cover to much background, Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that embossed part of the card Lindsey it adds a lovely background to the Christmas tree. Very nice. Xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really like that embossing folder. I must have it! Great card. TFS! <3Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card honey! love hubby! xoox

    ReplyDelete