Monday, November 17, 2014

Christmas Wreath using the Cricut Explore

Hello everyone, Happy Sunday! I've had a lovely day today, we had a nice cozy sleep in, yummy brunch, a bit of shopping and I'm about to cook a lovely dinner and a small dessert. It was lovely because I got to spend it with a lovely man who happens to be my hubby, can't get better than that!

I made this wreath this past week and finished it last night whilst Greg was working on our awesome house plans, so we were both being creative! It didn't take long to do, it was more the fact I had to go out and buy more ribbon to cover the Polystyrene wreath form yesterday as I ran out. All you do is cover a white Polystyrene wreath form with green ribbon. I then used my Cricut to cut out my holly leaves, I think it was from Classroom - December and January cartridge. I cut the holly leaves out in various cardstock shades of green and patterned green. I then scored a line down the middle to give it a realistic look when folded. The leaves are just hot glued onto the wreath. The berries are red pom poms. I got my ribbon bow from Michaels. I am looking forward to putting this on our door for Christmas, thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. That is very creative and beautiful to enhance your door this Christmas.
    A lot of thought to position the leaves in the correct spot glue guns don't allow much time. Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful wreath, will look terrific on our door! love hubby xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowy Woza! You need to put this on Pinterest. It's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. simply stunning and very beautiful so cleverly constructed Lindsey absolutely gorgeous. well done xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete