Saturday, September 21, 2013

Autumn/Fall Card

Hi Happy Friday, hope you are having a nice day and will have a nice weekend. I made a card today for my friend Christina in Germany, she sent me a lovely Autumn card in the mail and I got it yesterday and it was so pretty with all the leaves and golden colors, so I decided to make her one as well as Autumn is a nice time of year with all the pretty colors and leaves.

I started with a brown card and then cut a lighter brown layer which I put through my Cuttlebug using a Darice tree embossing folder. I used white core cardstock so I got my sanding block and sanded the tree to distress it a bit and bring out the white. I then got out my chalks and coloured in the leaves with some orange. I used an Alphabet stamp set to spell out Fall in black ink. For the cute little squirrel I sized him in the Cricut Craft Room using Create a Critter at 1.5 inches cut in layers. I drew the face on myself with black marker. Hope you like my card and I'm sure Christina will : ).

I'm also going to enter my card in the following challenges:

CardzTV Colors of Fall
Bitten by the Bug 2 Fall Theme



8 comments:

  1. very cue fall card, miss ivy chase him! love hubby! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another cute card and I hope you do well in the challenges and I am sure you will, the tree is lovely with the extra cut squirrel popping up from the corner. Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. very creative fall card Lindsey love the little squirrel and I'm sure Connie will love it.I'm sure you will do well in the card challengexxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card!! Love the embossing and that darling squirrel. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Fall' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a new follower. Hope you will visit me and follow me. Hope you will stop by and link up at Craftin Desert Divas “Fall/Autumn” Linky Party.

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your embossed tree is beautiful!! I love how you distressed and chalked it. Your little squirrel is so very cute. Your friend will absolutely love this card. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet and captures the feel of fall! Your little squirrel is the perfect addition under the tree. Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2 for our fall challenge.
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the distressing!

    Thanks for joining the Go to Galz from Cardztv Design team!

    mimiscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete