Saturday, June 15, 2013

Birthday card

Hi here is a card I made for my friend Christina for her birthday coming up in August. I started with a Grey card and black layer from my Art Philosophy cartridge. I bought a stencil from Michaels a few weeks ago and have been wanting to try it out with a glimmer spray that goes with it. All you do is place the stencil over the cardstock and spray over it with the color, let it dry and you have a nice chevron background. I think next time I'll go outside though on the balcony and spray the color from more of a distance but I'll have to pick a wind free day as we do live in the windy city and on the 12th floor!
I cut a scalloped flower shape from pink dot paper on my Cricut. My lovely friend Conny sent me some Forever Friends stamped images, I love this bear so I was thrilled with these when she sent them. I cut out a circle on my Cricut and coloured in the bear with chalks and markers. I've stamped a birthday greeting inside the card. I think Christina will like this card. Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful card, i am sure Christina will love it!
    love hubby! xoxox :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey this is so very very cute I love it, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute card Lindsey I really like the background you've created it makes the design stand out .Christina will be thrilled to recieve this card xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete