Saturday, April 21, 2012

20...




Hello after being away for what seems like ages, I just lost my desire to scrapbook and papercraft a bit, mainly just due to my injuries and just not feeling like doing much but today I was eager to not waste time watching rubbish American TV and feeling sad so I was looking through a box of older photos (before the days of digital) and found these 2 which inspired me to scrap them and travel back in time. I scanned them but used the originals on this page. This is of when I turned 20 (I will be 35 on Thursday, wow where does time go!). This was my first birthday with Greg, so a real special one that I wanted to always look at and think of. I used Happy Birthday background paper and also some blue swirly paper. I added some borders from my stash as well as some elements from a kit I bought ages and ages ago. I read on a scrapbooking website that if you go through your stash it can inspire you too. Also from the kit I used the bookplate, some of the paper flowers, the Happy Birthday die cut and the "How old?" die cut. I made some little flags from scraps of paper and added buttons to the paper flowers. I had some "Make a Wish" ribbon which I cut a panel from and used my Sweet Treats catridge to cut out the 20 and also the candle. I wrapped bakers twine around the candle and die cut a felt heart on my Cuttlebug. I did some journalling for the bookplate on Publisher. Not sure I will do another one today, we'll see but I'm glad I was able to do this today : )

3 comments:

  1. Gee Lindsey this is testing the poor old brain.
    You really haven't changed much only your hair colour. Page was well thought out and looks good, Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page, beautiful girl! Maybe she will get another cake this year? love hubbyXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely page Lindsey,It doesn't seem like 15 years ago that you met Greg the time has gone so fast. You both haven't changed in fact I think you both look as though time has stood still for you.
    I hope you decide to do more of these photo's from that time as it brings back so many lovely memories. love mom xxx

    ReplyDelete