Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tea Box






I saw this idea on Pinterest and was interested to make one myself as they are so cute. I thought I would make it for Dad for Fathers Day. It's a little tea bag dispenser. I was able to download the measurements and last night Greg and I had a go at scoring all lines as it was the first one I wanted his help. It wasn't actually that hard to do. I used some dark brown cardstock and then after scoring and cutting added the layers of coloured paper on the sides. I stuck with masculine looking patterns as it's for a male. Unfortunately the sun was shining on the second photo so it's hard to see. I added some borders and used my Love you a Latte for the tea pot (love this cartridge) and the tea sentiment. For the knob I used some liquid dimensional that I got on clearance at Michaels for only $1.99, it went perfect for the knob! For the back I stamped tea cups in various inks and cut them out and decorated with little hearts. Then I filled up the dispenser with tea bags and added the top and bottom which are chipboard pieces. I used my Nestabilities squares to add a layer of patterned paper. So cute, I hope my Dad likes it for Fathers Day.

2 comments:

  1. Lindsey your dad will love this, what a fantastic idea so differnet and so creative so many interesting elements on the box I love the teapot and it's so perfect for your dad as you know how much he loves his "cuppa" love it mom xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure your Father will like it, if he doesn't he is a bum! Another beautiful piece honey, so glad you to finally make it! Love hubby! xoxo

    ReplyDelete