Monday, November 7, 2011

Cards that Care

I made these cards for Cards that Care. You can click on the link to find out more but it's basically making cards for elderly people that are lonely in nursing homes over Christmas. Two bloggers that I follow are organising it and I think it's a lovely thing to do as everyone wants to feel like someone cares about them, especially at Christmas. I don't have any Grandparents anymore and I especially miss my Nanna a lot so I thought I would do something nice for someone else and hopefully brighten their day. So far I've made two, I'll see if I can make a couple more today but for now these are two I have made. I already had some card blanks and I decorated them using my Cricut as well as my stamps. I used some self adhesive ribbon on the winter one and I used my mittens nestabilities to cut out the felt mittens. I'm looking forward to sending them off and anymore I make this week : )



3 comments:

  1. this is such a beautiful idea Lindsey,you are the perfect person to participate in an idea such as this, with your caring and loving nature, I'm sure you will make some elderly person very happy when they receive one of these lovely cards.Nanna would be very proud of you and your thoughtfulness xxxxx mom xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so thoughtful of you to do that Lindsey as when our group go around the elderly people who are in care to see their faces light up is a great pleasure. Their faces will beam to receive a handmade Christmas card and they are so pretty, Lesley

    ReplyDelete