Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Birthday Card

Hello I made this card last night for my Aunty Joan whose birthday is a January birthday so I had my new issue of Quick Cards magazine that I subscribe to on googleplay and they had some nice ideas with tea cups so I was inspired by that and made this cute card. I'm going to send it to the magazine's letters page as who knows I might win a prize : ).

I started with a yellow card blank then added some floral paper. I added a mini doiley and then I used my Cricut to cut out the tea cups, I actually squashed the cup a bit in design space as it was more like a mug so I made it look more like a teacup. I cut 2 in orange patterned paper and one in glittery yellow. I cut the label from my Artistry cartridge and used my Cricut to write my greeting. I added Peachy Keen faces to two of the cups (I think Peachy Keen are wonderful face stamps!). I then cut two flowers and used my yellow distress ink to color them and used my hole punch to cut out the centres using a scrap of the glittery yellow card. Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

  1. lovely card honey! Joan will love it i am sure. love hubby! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so very cute with the faces on two cups. Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone is having a lot of fun! This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joan will love this .It,s really sweet and very pretty love the doiley idea and the teacups. Xxxx mom xxxx

    ReplyDelete