Monday, November 16, 2015

Christmas Wreath

Hello everyone, I have my wreath to show you for our door this year. I started this a few weeks back before our shipping container arrived, I wanted to have something fun to make whilst I was waiting so I got a Polystyrene wreath form and some burlap and set to work. The burlap is cut into 4 x 4 squares and then glued and twisted into a bubble then pinned on. I got some lovely wire edged ribbon from Spotlight and made a bow from that. I found a box of baubles at my local Woolworths and hot glued those on. I wanted to make our wreath in a Christmas yet beachy theme as we live near the beach and I couldn't find any starfish or shells in the shops so my very clever husband suggested I get some FIMO and use one of his cake decorating molds and make them, genius. So tonight I decided to finish it, to be honest I'm exhausted, Greg and I have been at our block working the last two days in full sun heat digging but I wanted to finish it so I made my FIMO starfish and shells. Two of the shells are actually two shells from our block of land that we found whilst digging, they were in perfect condition so I took them home and washed them and glued them on so now we have a bit of our future home in the wreath. Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. wonderful wreath honey. looks awesome! love hubby! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will look lovely the wreath on your front door. Better still you made it, Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful wreath for your door! Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete