Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Cupcake card from the Artiste Cartridge
I got all the housework done, washing done and dogs walked so I had some time this afternoon to make a card for my friend Conny's birthday in October, she will be visiting us so I can give it to her then. I was really excited to try out the new Artiste cartridge, it's jam packed full of great images, cards, boxes, tags etc and I just loved this Cupcake card, it's so cute and perfect for a birthday. So I cut the matching envelope out first at 4.34 inches in pink. Then the cupcake was cut out of brown card at 4.5 inches. It didn't have any layers so I cut another one out of white and just chopped off the top part for the icing. I cut a third one out in pink floral for the cupcake liner and just cut that part out. Then I cut out the cherry in both red and black and just cut off the stem from the red one. I glittered this (love this!). I added some pink gemstones for "sprinkles" and a paper flower. To finish I stamped greetings both on the outside and inside. - very cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am sure your friend Conny will love that and isn't it lovely that you can hand it to her in person.
ReplyDeleteI am so pleased to see cup cakes are still very popular. I do like the card itself very tasteful, Lesley
I love this card Lindsey so pretty and clever I love the decorations on the cake the cherry addsa lovely finishing touch, Conny will love this. well done mom xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat a "Sweet" card! Lovely use of your new cartridge!! Love Hubby! xoxo
ReplyDeleteThis is so sweet Lindsey.Love the glittered cherry.
ReplyDeleteI have just got this fabulous cart(it took weeks to get through customs!!)and with DT obligations and then hols coming up haven't played properly yet.I love making 3D things so looking forward to playing.
Jayne x
Jayne you will become addicted, it's a fabulous cartridge, my new favorite : )
ReplyDelete