Thursday, December 6, 2012

Hohenschwangau castle

Hi everyone I got a chance to do some scrapbooking this morning and I decided to continue on with some Europe pages from last December I realised there is still more to do so I am looking forward to finishing my album. This page is on Hohenschwangau castle in Fussen, Germany. Greg and I spent a wonderful couple of days in this area last year and they have 2 beautiful castles. We managed to see this one lit up at night and then in daylight the next day, I just love these pictures, I only wish I had one of Greg and I but I do have one of our favourite bear and I Chockie bear - he's such a well travelled bear!

I had a really nice piece of glittery wintery paper I got from Michaels a while back so I used this and then layered on two strips. The top strip in navy blue has a border which I punched with my Martha Stewart border punch. I used my Holiday Frames and Tags cartridge to cut out the small banner at the top and also the title. I added a small clip for decoration. I used the Cricut basic shapes in the craft room to weld together the trees in dark green and I went along the edges with both white and silver gel pen to look like snow. I added some snowflake stickers and then pleated some ribbon and added that to the photos. I added some information about the castle as well.

4 comments:

  1. Lindsey the snow is amazing on the trees in the back ground and Chockie is certainly a well travelled little bear.
    A very lovely page, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page of a beautiful time together, can't believe its been 12 months already.... Wish we were there gain right now! Love Hubby! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. the photo's look like postcards Lindsey really pretty.The colours you've chosen really make the photo's stand out.Chockie is a very lucky little bear he must be the only bear that has travelled so much.xxx mom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful album you have for your trip!!! :)

    ReplyDelete