Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Christmas cards
Hello from a snowy Chicago, can't believe the snow stared already, oh well it's nice to be inside looking at the snow falling and glad we're in here together!
I made some simple but yet nice cards to give to the owners of the dogs I walk, I'll be doing a few more but these are the first two. A new Joann store opened up near us on the weekend so I got a great box of glittery and sparkly cards for only $4 so I used two of these and also whilst at Joann's I got a great UK magazine called "Make Christmas Cards" it came with lots of free goodies including papers, sentiments and some clear stamps. I thought the reindeer stamp was so cute so I decided on using him for these cards and coloured him in using chalks and markers. I also used some of the paper and sentiments. I cut the oval and circle from my Elegant Edges cartridge.
I also give my dog parents a little treat as a thank you for asking me to care for their dog, usually a little bag of chocolates so I'll put the card with this and a little bag of treats for the dogs and everyone will have a Merry Christmas : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Actually $3 (25% off coupon), cards are perfect honey, they look good, but not too much time or money invested as not everyone appreciates hand made things these days.... Love hubby xoxox
ReplyDeleteI will try one more time to see if this will publish, when I click on publish it clears the whole screen and my memory is not as good as it use to be and trying to remember what I have written is not easy. I wish we had a Joann store here, very hard to buy Christmas related stamps, verse etc. I love the reindeers and the parents of the doggies will love them also.Lesley
ReplyDeletethese are really pretty cards Lindsey and perfect for your dogs owners I don't think everyone realizes how much effort and thought goes into your handmade beautiful cards , and your cards are always so special.The UK magazine sounds like a very good find.
ReplyDeletexxx mom xxx