Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Cards for the Caring Hearts Card Drive
Hello everyone I am back with some cards. I made these for the Caring Hearts Card Drive this year. I used to do this in America but this year they have someone in Australia collecting the cards to send to Nursing Homes so I was really happy to hear that as I really enjoy being able to take part in such a nice cause. I was wondering originally if I would be able to take part because all of my crafting stuff is still on it's way to us in our shipping container and will not be arriving in time but I didn't let that stop me. I am doing a couple of cross stitched cards but besides those I am doing some papercraft ones. I went out and bought a small craft mat, a ruler, a craft knife and some basic supplies. I am lucky to have a good variety store in the town near us and I was able to get a pack of cards and envelopes as well. I got some stickers and peel off stickers at the bigger craft shops in Cairns and I came up with a great idea for the wreath card. I knew I had some green yarn in my cupboard so I thought why not make a wreath so my lovely husband cut a circle out of some scrap cardboard like in a donut shape and I wrapped the yarn around it all the way around and I glued on some sequins and made a red bow to which I then glued that on the card. The other ones are stickers and peel off stickers. I'm pretty proud of these considering my limited range of supplies and I know that whoever gets my cards will have some Christmas cheer! : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Lovely cards honey, especially clever since your stuff hasn't arrived yet! this should put some smiles on the faces of those who receive them! love hubby! xxoxoox
ReplyDeleteHello lindsey lovely to see you blogging again i,ve missed seeing your beautiful creations 😊
ReplyDeleteThese cards are really lovely and will give a lot of joy to whoever receives them. I love all of them but my favourite is the very creative wreath , all really lovely.xxxmom xxx
They are all so lovely and different and they will certainly put a smile on the elderly people's faces. You have created something very special.
ReplyDeleteLesley.